Our vision towards integrated multimodal logistics started a decade ago and its now gaining momentum. Today, TCI has a strong multimodal network that includes 2 AFTO Trains, 6 Coastal Cargo ships, 8000+ Marine Containers and 650+ ISO Tank Containers servicing remotest of corners of India and SAARC-BBIN nations. By maximizing and promoting rail multimodal and coastal logistics; TCI continues to make efforts that help our customers reduce the overall carbon footprint.
We managed to save 22,000 Tonnes of CO2 equivalent in terms of GHG emissions in the year 2020-21.
TCI's initiatives for sustainable operations:
- We have created and are enhancing our ESG structure that can offer sustainable logistics solutions to our customers.
- Push towards end-to-end integrated multimodal logistics along with tech enabled control towers.
- Adoption of Alternative fuels, CNG for commercial vehicles - we successfully completed 8,000+ trips in past 8 months via CNG vehicles for B2B last-mile deliveries.
- TCI Safe Safar, a health and safety initiative that aims at educating truck drivers and people of transport community to follow health & safety norms and make India’s roads safer. To know more, visit: http://www.tcisafesafar.com/#.
- Electronic waste circulation.
- Lighting roads through solar panels along with Solar Roof tops of TCI warehouses.
- Usage of green materials for development of modern warehouses.
- We have also initiated a program to train MSMEs in executory norms of ESG/BRSR compliances.
While large corporates can adopt and steer their organization to provide sustainable production services, the key to success will be onboarding those vendors/suppliers who may not have the wherewithal.
It is imperative for the industry to shift and accept rail and coastal multimodal logistics as a step towards creation of a 360 degrees’ sustainable ecosystem.