It is a great moment for Urmila Sports Academy where 11 budding athletes participated in State Weight Lifting Championship and each of the 11 participants won 11 medals: 8 Gold & 3 Silver.
Glory to the Winners:
Gold- Anal Wangsua, Boni Mangkhya, Dilbagh Singh, Gajender Kumar, Poonam, Rupesh Sain, Sonali Yudu, Usha.
Silver-Sapna Kumari, Saumitra Chugh, Umer Khan.
Under its CSR initiative, TCI has established Urmila Sports Academy at Nyangal Bari village in Churu (Dist.), Rajasthan. The academy serves as a platform to budding and seasoned athletes and helps them enhance their skills. The infrastructure and facilities of the Academy matches international standards and are capable of being used for the conduct of National and International Sports Events.
TCI Foundation, the social arm of Transport Corporation of India Limited (TCI), works towards community upliftment by investing in:
- Empowerment of young minds by providing education.
- Promotion of sports activities by development of sports facilities.
- Reducing our environmental impact by going green and implementing the practice of 3Rs (Reuse, Reduce and Recycle).
- Extending our support to victims of natural disasters.
- Healthcare programs including blood donation camps, artificial limbs & safety programs in the backward region of the country.